Providing for the needs of the community is at the core of our faith and belief. Taking this seriously, we:
• house the Mineral Ridge Community Parish, a food pantry that distributes groceries to those in need
• maintain a community garden, helping to provide access to fresh produce in the summer months
• regularly support the mission of Niles Community Services
• support collections for needed items for our local schools, shelters, and rescue missions
Our Christian Education Committee oversees the educational programs of the church by:
• Recruiting and training teachers and leaders
• Plans and leads our Confirmation Class, FPC and Me classes for those interested in learning more about our church, and our Officer training
• Hosts a Candidates Night for those seeking election to the Weathersfield BoE and Board of Trustees
• Maintains the church library
We provide opportunities for members and friends to interact with one another and always seek to welcome new people into our community.
We host a “5th Sunday Feast,” a potluck dinner whenever there is a fifth Sunday, and plan a wide range of activities to foster community and growth for the congregation and community that include trips to museums, zoos, baseball games, etc.